Sunday, November 8, 2015

Gurglers and Gills


The Grizzly X-Gurgler



Tonight with a couple hours of daylight remaining, I hit the door with my CGR and a half dozen #10 Grizzly X-Gurglers. No pretense on where I was heading....it was to be a bluegill night. No need for a fly box, poppers and buggers. I would not need them. I was heading for a 1 acre pond and gills in fall colors.



They did not disappoint. Willing to rise to my diminutive offering, they gave the little DT4 a workout.




Throwing the X-Gurgler to Bluegills is like tossing a Snickers bar to a group of kids...they're gonna pick it up once the figure out what it is.





The rise often coming telegraphed by a torpedo-like rush from the weeds. The little grizzly and foam offering took a beating, but held up well with the initial fly lasting the night and 20+ fish. No summer sluggish fights tonight. They were in attack and run mode.




Some days are just meant to be bluegill days. A beautiful fish that fights like hell and takes a fly with gusto. 


Tying the X-Gurgler Video





See you on the water




No comments:

Post a Comment